Friday, October 18, 2013

Embrace the 'squiggle': Farewell Valpak

One of the terrific parts about reading a great book is the fact that it stays with you long after you close the last page and the recent book by Mitch Joel (Cntl, Alt, Delete which I reviewed several months ago – you can find my thoughts HERE ) is one of those books.  One of the key concepts that Mitch covers is that each and every one of our careers follow a path… and it’s rarely a straight path – in fact it’s often what Mitch describes as a ‘squiggle’.  That said, the same is true for the advertising campaigns that we create for our clients.  

Have you ever set out a campaign and had each of the elements perform exactly the way you had intended?  Me neither and one of the most powerful ways that we can ensure that we get the most ‘bang for the buck’ out of these efforts is to ensure that we go into them with our eyes wide open.  One of the most powerful things that advertising provides online today is the ability to flex (and more importantly adjust) as conditions warrant - who is ever going to forget Oreo doing a real time ad during the blackout at the SuperBowl right?

Speaking of ‘squiggles’, today’s edition is a bittersweet one for me as it will be the final edition that I publish as a member of the Valpak family.  These last 7 years have been an unbelievable journey for me and as I embark on the new adventure of running my own firm, I can tell you that the my life and career have been enriched beyond measure as a result of the relationships that I’ve had with all of you both online and off.  I’ve included my new contact information below and would invite you to stay in touch (and of course continue to follow my adventures on a variety of social platforms - LOL)…. As the next phase of my ‘squiggle’ begins.


Never forget to embrace your own ‘squiggle’ and I look forward to what the future holds for us all.

James R. Buckley
Founder & CEO (CTM2G)
Donegal Holdings
8374 Market Street #464 | Bradenton, FL 34202
941.350.4436 – mobile
Google+:  http://gplus.to/JimBuckley
LinkedIn: 
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrbuckley
Skype:  jrbuckley_99
Instagram:  jrbuckley99
The Intersection – Marketing & Technology Blog: http://buckontech.blogspot.com/
A Life Well Led – Personal Dev. Blog: http://alifewellled.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to what is next for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you Jim....your insight & positive energy will continue to inspire me!
    Best wishes with your new adventure........

    ReplyDelete